Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cabin Fever times 100...

It's wintertime where I live. It's cold, gray, dark and ugly. Everything is dead,,,or if not dead,,,,in a deep sleep. My 2 chocolate labs want in and out every 5 minutes,,,most of the time they never even leave the porch,,,but they are so damn bored of laying on the couch, then the floor, then the bed,,,they are beside themselves. They really need to be taken somewhere for a nice long run or walk, but I can't stand the thought of putting on 13 layers of clothes to go outside and take them,,,shame on me,,,,really,,,,owning labs that are bred for retrieving ducks in ice cold water carries a responsibility and I have been failing it,,,I am going to have to get them out very soon, they deserve it,,,because "Lapdogs" they are NOT.....
On the other hand, my little princess kitty "Abeo",,,loves to nap all day and play all night,,,,we are in tune....
My pledge tonight, is to take the Brown's out back tomorrow in the snow and play ball with them until they are tired....it's the right thing to do. Peace out all.

1 comment:

  1. We just try to survive every winter, until things come alive again. But the romp in the snow will do you as much good as the dogs. Have fun. You should build a snow Goddess.

    ReplyDelete